Well, are you? Time is rushing by. Summer has barely ended, the LFF programme is out, the Pordenone programme will be released soon and the 19th British Silent Film Festival kicks off next week. Next week!
The festival runs 13-17 September 2017 at the Phoenix Arts Centre in Leicester and each day or five-day pass covers you for lunch as well as every screening on that date.The full timetable for the festival is online here. You can book here and let all your friends know you are attending by clicking on the Facebook event.
To get you up to speed on what to expect in Leicester, the festival* has been posting blogs on the festival site. Yes, silent film blogging is all the rage now. Here are all the posts so far:
- Betty Balfour: “Great Britain’s Queen of Happiness”
- Bill Morrison’s awe-inspiring use of archive film
- Raising the roof: how British cinema made the leap to sound
- It started with a kiss: sex and the silent cinema
- “It’s the beating of his hideous heart!”
- Highlights of the 19th British Silent Film Festival
See you in Leicester!